So I’m all about easy little snacks! That’s why I love energy bites!!
This last weekend I made Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites. I didn’t have a recipe or anything, so I just made it up as I went along – the best way to make things. My favorite time to eat them is right before I workout. It gives me just a little bit of energy without eating too much, and it jumping around in my stomach!
My parents have a food processor at their house, so I decided to make them there and just bring them back to Manhattan with me. Plus – let’s be honest. I was totally mooching their cooking supplies! Hey, I’m a broke college kid – it’s allowed!
Like I said before – I suck at taking pictures as I’m making things, but I’m really going to work on it!
Without further ado….here’s the recipe! 🙂
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites
Makes about 15
- 1 cup oats
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. mini semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- In food processor, pulse oats, protein powder and flaxseed until mixed
- Add peanut butter and honey and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Some parts will be clumped together, but there will also be a lot of crumbs left.
- Add chocolate chips, if desired.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place in refrigerator.
- Enjoy! 🙂